Why Tech Support for Old People is qualified to do what we do.
For transparency and professionalism we at Tech Support for Old People (TS4OP) will be publishing the qualifications of each of our technology professionals.
Each one of our professionals are more than qualified to handle all of the services provided.
- Each professional has a minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Each professional has demonstrated an exceptional ability to provide remote support by communicating coherently and concisely.
- The minimum support capacity for each technician has to have been proven to be 100 users.
- Each technician has demonstrated compliance with our Bare Minimum Qualifications.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the configuration, installation, and support for all software in our Supported Software(s) List.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the configuration, installation, and support for all hardware in our Supported Hardware(s) List.
Los Angeles, CA – LinkedIn
Generic Network Systems Sep. 2019 – Present
Windows Systems Administrator Los Angeles, CA
- Generic Network Systems is a managed service provider specializing in providing support for financial institutions.
- Managed the core Windows desktop and server infrastructure for all our clients. (~160 clients)
- Implemented Azure based Virtual Desktops (WVD), Azure AD (AAD), and Office 365 for front office services clients.
- Established myself as the escalation point for all level 1 and 2 technical issues and outages.
AC Martin Group Jan. 2019 – Aug. 2019
Helpdesk Analyst II Los Angeles, CA
- AC Martin Group is a prominent architecture and engineering firm in Los Angeles.
- Maintained daily helpdesk and systems operations for the main office as well as 2 satellite offices.
- Implemented a disaster recovery system with an off-site colocation for business continuity.
- Successfully migrated the company to Office 365 from an on-premises Exchange.
NBBJ Architects Aug. 2016 – Dec. 2018
Client Services Technician Los Angeles, CA
- Managed daily helpdesk operations for the state of California (3 offices)
- Upgraded and maintained all servers, laptops, networking, and conference room equipment.
- Designed the network and electrical for an office expansion doubling the size of workstations and space.
- Managed the inventory of technical assets for all 3 California offices.
Turner Techtronics Inc Jul. 2013 – May 2016
Service Desk Agent Burbank, CA
- Turner Techtronics is a managed call center provider; we were providing call center and NOC support for Fox Filmed Entertainment as well as numerous other companies.
- Provided daily call center and NOC support over the phone and escalations as necessary.
- Completed remote support for level 1 issues for clients with an 85% resolution rate with 10% of calls being escalated to desktop support.
- Monitoring, remediation, and escalation for the Network Operations Center.
Northrop Grumman Jun. 2011 – Jun. 2012
Authorization Services Intern Redondo Beach, CA
- Learned about Information Security and proper security best practices.
- Automated server builds in a high security environment.
- Learned virtualization automation using Powershell.
- Developed reporting tools using backend web frameworks.
California State University Northridge 2011 – Eventually
Computer Engineering Northridge, CA
- Founding member of the Layer 8 computer security club.
- WRCCDC Competitor 2012
SKILLS & INTERESTS
- Skills: Computer Repair & Diagnostics, Troubleshooting & Support, Customer Relationship Management, Disaster Recovery, Software Installation & Configuration, Hardware Support, IT Documentation, Training, Incident Response, Information Security, Windows Server 2003 – 2019, CentOS, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, MSIIS, MS SQL, Microsoft DNS and DHCP, SCCM, Amazon AWS Workspaces, Microsoft Azure (AD, Virtual Machines, Virtual Cloud, WVD), MySQL, VMWare ESXi, Proxmox, MySQL, Apache, Ubuntu, Citrix VDI, nginx, MS Office Suite, Visual Studio 2010, 12, Adobe Suite(CC), Google Sketch-Up, Service-Now, Kayako, Google Analytics, Auto Desk Suite of Programs, Manage Engine, WordPress, Magento, FreshDesk, CloudBerry, Zerto, Carbonite Doubletake, G-Suite, ConnectWise Automate, iCinga, Slack, Mimecast, CriticalStart, Cylance, JIRA, Jamf Pro, Manage Engine, Datacenter Operations, Acronis (Cyberfiles, Cloud backup), Advanced Google Ability,
- Interests: Baseball, Archaeology, Hacking, Programming, Cars